What We Believe at Lake Marion Christian Church.
• We Believe that there is one God -- eternally existing in three persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit yet He is One. He is the Creator of all things. He is perfect in always, all knowing, all-powerful and completely holy. (Genesis 1:1; John 1:1; Matthew 3:16-17; 2 Corinthians 13:14; 1Peter 1:16.)
• We Believe in Jesus Christ -- God's only Son is both God and man. Jesus is co-equal with God. Born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died for our sins on the cross and rose from the dead on the third day, ascended back into heaven, reigns at the right-hand of God the Father and is coming back one day to take His Church home. Jesus is the Savior of the world as well as Lord and King. (Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 1:18-22; John 1:1-5; 14:10-30; Acts 1:9-11; Romans 1:3-4; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8; 1Timothy 6:13-15; Titus 2:13; Hebrews 4:14-15.)
• We Believe in the Holy Spirit -- who is co-equal with God and He is the one who convicts the world in regard to sin, righteousness and judgment, and who at the point of salvation (At Baptism.) indwells in every believer and equips them for personal growth and service to the church (John 16:8-9; Acts 2:38; 2 Corinthians 3:17-18; Galatians 5:25; Eph. 1:13-14; 1 Peter 4:10.)
• We Believe the Bible -- is written by men who were guided by the Holy Spirit. These men who wrote down just what God wanted making it the inspired, written Word of God and is without error. It is useful and profitable for every part of our lives. The bible is the final authority for all matters of faith and practice (2 Timothy 3:14-16; 2 Peter 1:20-21.)
• We Believe that man -- created by God, willfully sinned and as a result, is lost and without hope apart from Jesus Christ (Romans 3:23, 6:23; Acts 4:12.)
• We Believe that salvation -- the forgiveness of sins - is available only by the grace of God through the blood of Jesus Christ. This free gift of salvation is offered to all who receive Christ as Lord and Savior (Ephesians 2:8-9; Colossians 2:6; John 3:16.)
• We Believe -- the Bible clearly teaches for one to receive grace one must: Hear the Good News, believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, repent of personal sin, confess Christ publicly, and be baptized by immersion for the remission of one’s sins and to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 10:9-15; John 3:16; Acts 2:36-38, Mark 16:16).
• We Believe -- that full immersion under water is the prescribed mode of baptism as indicated by Jesus' own example, command, and the meaning of the original Greek word "baptizo" = to immerse, dip, or plunge (Mark 1:9-10; Matthew 28:19; Romans 6:4.)
• We Believe -- that the Church is the body and bride of Christ on earth, founded on the Day of Pentecost, consisting of all Christians everywhere (Matthew 16:13-18; Acts 2:14-47.)
• We Believe -- that people are created to live forever and that when they die they will spend eternity in either heaven or hell. Death seals the eternal destiny of each person. When Christ returns he will pronounce the eternal fate of each individual, both living and dead - the saved to eternal life in heaven, the unsaved to eternal separation from God in Hell (Daniel 12:2; John 3:16, 5:28-29; Romans 6:23; 1Corinthians 15-35-58; Revelation 20:15 and 22:5-6.)
• We Believe -- the Lord’s Supper (Communion) should be celebrated every Sunday with fellow Believers when they come together to worship just as the early Church did in the first century. We remember Christ’s death, burial and resurrection for our sins and proclaim our Lord’s return each time we partake. (Matthew 26:26-30; Acts 2:42, 20:7; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26.)
• We Believe -- that each Christian should be a generous and purposeful giver of the income that God has blessed them with and the tithe (one-tenth) is the starting place for a new Christian when it comes to their personal giving. Each and every Believer is to do their part. (Malachi 3:10; 1 Corinthians 16:2 and 2 Corinthians 9:6-7.)
• We Believe -- after a person accepts Christ as their Lord and Savior that each and every Christian is to not only give of the income but also to use their time, talents and gifts to help serve body of Christ the Church. The Church body needs each other to be healthy and strong. (Romans 12:3-8; 1 Corinthians 12:7-31; Ephesians 4:11-13; 1 Peter 4:10.)
• We Believe – the Bible teaches that the Elders are to exercise authority over the local congregation. (Acts 20:28; Philippians 1:1; 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; and 1 Peter 5:1-4.)